Leadership Development Senior Consultant
If you are looking for a new challenge in the Autumn, or wanting to be part of a thriving team of consultants, come and join us! Continued client growth means we’re looking for another Leadership Development Superstar to join us in October.
What we are looking for:
We have a vacancy for a Senior Consultant with proven ability to develop business leaders. We know that leadership development consultants that are able to go beyond the obvious and really work with business leaders to help them succeed are rare. Track record is therefore important to us, but we’re equally interested in meeting the right person, with the right outlook and attitude to excel in our high performing team.
The role involves:
- Designing and delivering innovative leadership programmes that take cohorts of senior leaders, and other talent groups, through a series of linked learning interventions
- A ‘leadership expert’ who can work as part the wider DPA team on large-scale business transformation programmes
- Working at an organisational level to develop the leaders our clients require to deliver their strategic plans and goals
- The ability to creating bespoke learning journeys using a mix of formats/media to deliver specific learning outcomes, as well as to propose evaluation methods
- Being directly accountable to clients – managing both client relationships and their leadership programmes.
The role requires:
- Innovative leadership programme design at architecture level. The individual will need to be able to get under the skin of a client brief and ensure they can identify the correct learning outcomes and desgin a learning journey to fulfil the need
- Design and build of individual sessions, right through to writing content, learning materials, and evaluation
- World-class facilitation and delivery, including with senior audiences, commanding premium day rates
- Commercial management of programmes, including budget responsibility and accountability for delivering them profitably
- Programme management skills – coordinating teams and resources against your programme timelines
- Providing strategic counsel and/or coaching support to senior leaders to help them embed learning and improve personal performance
- Some travel and time away from home. Usually UK, Europe and USA
- Playing a role in new business generation for DPA, including pitches and proposal writing.
Our must-haves (these will be our shortlisting criteria):
- Minimum 10 years’ experience designing and delivering innovative leadership programmes
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial consultancy experience (specifically in a consultancy or running your own business, not internal consultancy)
- Qualifications: BSc/BA degree as a minimum. Masters degree and/or vocational qualifications such as CIPD preferred
- An individual whose ‘home territory’ is leadership, but who has also made the links into strategy, innovation, OD and/or employee engagement through broad reading and personal learning
- An individual who has kept up to date in their field, and is constantly challenging themselves around new ideas
- Someone who is genuinely able to ‘create’ programmes, not just ‘manage’ them. An originator of ideas
- An individual who has experienced being a leader (even through activities outside of work), as well as teaching leadership theory
- Autonomous with technology, in particular able to create visually appealing materials quickly in PowerPoint
- An individual with broad leadership development experience (ie programmes) not just workshops and coaching
- Finally, an individual who has positive, upbeat energy that is popular with clients and secures repeat business.
What we offer:
- The job is full-time, based out of our offices near Guildford, Surrey
- Initially we are offering a 6-month fixed-term contract (as a probation period), with the potential to move to a long-term role following a successful review
- Salary guideline £50-60k basic per annum (offer would depend on experience and therefore training requirement)
- Benefits include: company performance bonus, private healthcare, business travel insurance, pension and the chance to be part of a thriving community of Consultants.
***Closing date: Thursday 31st August 2017***
We will be shortlisting for interview w/c 4th September. Shortlisted candidates will ideally be available for 1st interview on 19th September.
Applications via Linkedin or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants for roles advertised in the last 12 months need not apply
Strictly no agencies