Due to continued growth we have a rare opportunity to join the senior team at DPA. We are looking for another Programme Director with a combination of commercial, business development and high end Leadership programme design experience. In return we offer the chance to be part of the exciting next chapter of our successful, award-winning consultancy.
If you have proven track-record of running a £500k+ portfolio of big-brand clients, thrive on growing client accounts and winning new business, and are able to run a happy and successful team, we’d love to welcome you to our exciting consultancy.
We run an end-to-end model, where each of our Programme Directors is responsible for their client programmes from sale, through design and delivery to results. Therefore 10 years+ of leadership development design and delivery experience, and 8 years+ of commercial consultancy/running your own consultancy are must-haves. Success in the role depends on your ability to conceive and create cutting-edge leadership programmes.
This is a commercial role to grow our successful Leadership practice by a further £500k-£750k over the next 3 years. We are looking for an individual able to instigate and develop this new business, plus design and deliver award-worthy leadership development programmes for the world’s biggest brands. It requires both business development and high end leadership development design. An established network will be critical to success. As well as consulting on leadership development briefs for clients, the successful individual will also be a leader in their own right and able to motivate, inspire and manage internal teams.
The role involves:
Business Development – 50% focus
- Growing our leadership development practice through the acquisition of clients new to DPA, to agreed commercial milestones (both financial and time specific)
- Generating new business meetings and new opportunities with prospective clients
- Methodically managing a pipeline of prospects with a focus on 1:1 relationship management (not mass marketing and events)
- Designing and delivering appropriate sales and marketing activities to convert prospects into clients
- Leading new business and sales meetings and/or pitches
- Leading the design of creative proposals and leadership programme designs to meet client objectives
- Managing stakeholder and procurement relationships through to contract
Leadership Development – 50% focus
- Consulting at an organisational level to develop the leaders our clients require to deliver their strategic plans and goals
- Designing and delivering innovative leadership programmes that take cohorts of senior leaders, and other talent groups, through a series of linked learning interventions including metrics
- Designing and delivering programmes that promote the personal development of individual leaders alongside building their capability
- Creating learning journeys that use a mix of approaches/media to deliver specific learning outcomes, closely aligned to business goals
- Being directly accountable to clients – managing both client relationships and their leadership programmes
- Collaborating as a ‘leadership expert’ as part of a wider DPA team on large-scale business transformation programmes
- Some flexibility for travel, primarily in Europe, USA and the UK, although it is unlikely to involve significant time away from home.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience designing and delivering innovative leadership programmes
- Recent previous experience of working in a commercial consultancy environment
- World-class facilitation and delivery, including with senior audiences. The individual needs to command a knowledge value as opposed to day rate, without question from clients
- Providing advice and/or coaching support to senior leaders to help them embed learning and improve personal performance
- Programme direction skills – coordinating teams and resources against your programme timelines
- An individual whose ‘home territory’ is leadership, but who has also made the links into strategy, innovation, OD and/or employee engagement through broad reading and personal learning
- Relevant qualifications: minimum degree level, ideally Masters including vocational qualifications such as CIPD
- An individual who has experienced being a leader as well as teaching leadership theory. This is essential for personal stories and credibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Autonomous in PowerPoint and able to create visually appealing materials quickly
- A point of view on leadership that is aligned to our vision, mission, philosophy and ideas.
- Significant recent track record within the last 12-24 months of operating to comparable commercial targets, and a demonstrable network of live contacts and potential clients to bring with you
- An individual who has kept up to date in their field, and is constantly challenging themselves around new ideas (to sell to clients)
- Someone who is genuinely able to ‘create’ programmes, not just ‘manage’ them. An originator of ideas who is able to turn those ideas into action
- A methodical approach to managing a sales pipeline and converting prospects into clients
- Commercial management of programmes, including budget responsibility and accountability for delivering them profitably
- An individual who has positive, upbeat energy that is popular with clients and secures repeat business
Specifically, this role would not be suitable for
- Leadership development practitioners looking to ‘scale up’ to their first commercial or programme director level role
- Coaches or individuals who get their energy from working 1:1 with individual clients rather than operating at a business level
- Individuals who have not invested in their own development and ensuring the freshness and saleability of their ideas
- Individuals without recent experience of working in a commercial consultancy environment
What we offer:
- A competitive remuneration package comprising basic salary, car allowance, company performance bonus, private healthcare, travel insurance – plus performance related OTE based on achievement of growth milestones
- Salary guideline of £65-80k basic salary per annum (depending on track record) and OTE of £100k+ per annum based on performance objectives
- An opportunity to work with major brands in an International consultancy setting, without the London commute
- A seat at the senior table in a thriving community of Consultants, and the chance to be part of our exciting next chapter
- A full time role based out of our offices near Guildford, Surrey
- Initially a 12-month fixed-term contract, with the intent to move to a full contract following a successful year 1 review.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Previous applicants for roles advertised in the last 12 months need not apply.
Strictly no agencies.